Thursday, September 25, 2014

My First #infusedwater

Nowadays "Infused Water" is a trend (a healthy one I must say) that many people are following. I was introduced to infused water by my group of friends when they started posting pictures & sharing recipes via Instagram & Whatsapp - sangat tempted due to the vibrant colors!!!!

Anyhow, I did some research on infused water and I regretted the fact that I didn't know about this earlier (like many many many years ago). Since I'm breastfeeding Muqri, I need to drink A LOT OF water. So, why not 'spice it up'? It's like killing two birds with one stone. Depending on the choice of fruits, infused water offers many healthy benefits - antioxidants agent (flushes toxins from our body system), boost your metabolism, helps to loose weight and many more. Since infused water is naturally low in calories, plus it contains no artificial flavour (goodbye sirap, ribena semua), there's no harm done in drinking infused water as much as we want.

This FAQ on infused water really helped me out, sangat recommended to read. Ada banyak cool recipes as well.

So, for my first ever infused water, I decided to use two basic, easy-to-find ingredients which are also my favourite fruit and spice - apple & cinnamon.

Apple: The phytonutrients in apples are powerful in helping to regulate blood sugar while also helping to improve beneficial bacteria in the large intestine.

Cinnamon: Cinnamon is well known for its ability to regulate blood sugar, which is important for weight loss. It's is great for improving concentration.

The cinnApple
1 big size apple (sliced thinly)
1 Cinnamon stick
1 litre of mineral water
The cinnApple Infused Water

How to?
Basically you slice the apple thinly, the thinner the slices are, the more flavourful infused water you'll get. Then placed the slices carefully in a jar and add one cinnamon stick. Pour one litre of cold mineral water (as apple slices turn brown easily), close the jar and quickly keep it in the fridge. Infuse the water for at least 4 hours (I decided to leave it overnight).

My cinnApple after one night in the fridge, yummy~

 
Happy trying!!!

No comments: